Several of our TF members attended and gave talks at the NOAO workshop on Tools for Astronomical Big Data, during March 9-11 in Tucson AZ. The meeting was attended by more than 120 astronomers, computer scientists, data analysts, and other similar collaborative disciplines. Talks by our members (in alphabetical order):
- Brian Bue, "Leveraging Annotated Archival Data with Domain Adaptation to Improve Data Triage in Optical Astronomy" (contributed talk)
- Francisco Forster, "The High Cadence Transient Survey - HiTS" (invited talk at the DECam Community Science Workshop)
- Matthew Graham, "Characterizing the variable sky with CRTS" (contributed talk)
- Pablo Huijse, "Mining periodic variable stars using Information Theory and GPGPU" (poster presentation)
- Erzsébet Merényi, "Knowledge discovery from the Hyperspectral sky" (invited talk).